'INSPIRATION - OR ONE BRIGHT IDEA!'
The litecup was created by a parent who wanted a better cup for his children. It just so happens that this parent was also an industrial designer - how handy! From his studio in Putney Southwest London he started working on a drinking valve that could be non spill but also provide the most natural drinking experience possible. He created the litecup - a clean and colorful cup with an integrated night light to support independent, mess-free drinking for you or your child - day or night!
- Effective non-spill valve.
- Cup rim helps to ease the bottle / spouted sippy cup transition.
- Important for long term oral health.
- 360 degree cup edge means you can drink from anywhere round the rim.
- No straws or spouts which can be used for comfort sucking.
- Free flow natural drinking started by a small suck.
- Light and robust for everyday use.
- Great for travel and/or camping.
- The night-light means you never lose your cup at night!
- Light sensitive - No need to worry about turning it on or off.
- Night-light battery and LED bulb are encased in a light pack that can click in or out of the base.
- Manually switched off to save on battery life. (Battery last approximately 4 months of continual use).
- Litecup holds 330mls of a non-carbonated liquid.
- Little Litecup holds 220mls of a non-carbonated liquid.
LitecupBABY holds 200mls of a non-carbonated liquid.
- Easy to clean.
SO WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
Well, it seems a bit strange to have a cup or that you have to suck harder on than a bottle to get the liquid out - but a lot of non-spill valve cups in the market are like this. The litecup has a softer approach to drinking. The valve itself comes open with a small suck and then it stays open while you drink and automatically seals when your lips leave the cup - providing a natural drinking experience much more like a normal cup.
It’s spill proof but not 100% leak proof. If your child holds it upside down and shakes it vigorously small drops may come out. Sometimes if it gets pushed along on bedsheets (or other frictional surface) the valve can also get held open and then the beverage could come out. We like it this way though - we think it’s the best balance of a great drinking experience while still minimizing life’s disruptions. We hope you do too.
The most important thing for parents is that it supports independent and mess free drinking while you are busy driving, preparing dinner, sleeping (occasionally), or basically doing a million other things that parents have to do!